An immediate opportunity for a Vice President of Educational Outreach at izzit.org. Join a non-profit media company with world-wide reach. This newly created position will be a key contributor to our management team. Position may be based remotely, with visits to company headquarters in Erie, PA as appropriate. We are looking for a hands-on leader with demonstrated results.
The successful candidate will be immediately assisted by our Director of Education, Content/Customer Support team and a complete suite of shared services (Admin, Marketing, Graphics, IT). Additional dedicated staff will be added as a result of success in achieving growth.
We are a data-driven organization and seek someone who will define metrics for success for each campaign (traditional and digital) or event, then implement, track and optimize those campaigns/events.
Travel is required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must. For more information about our organization visit . If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter telling us how your experience can help our organization to .
- With CEO, develop strategic plan with measurable growth-oriented goals for 1, 3 and 7 years
- With Director of Education and Director of Marketing, develop plan for marketing and promotion of teaching units, current events lessons, educational courses, and Teachable Moments
- Cultivate relationships with industry experts, distribution channels, and organizations
- With CEO, responsible for direct and indirect solicitation of funding from non-government sources to support the annual budget, including identification of potential funding sources
- Manage to an ever-changing budget
- Identify external advocates who can champion our projects with their targeted audience; build relationships with school boards and district officials, educational and other organizations for potential alliances
- Identify new channels for distribution and define measurable goals for success with each channel
- Participate in creative/brainstorming for projects when appropriate
- Co-plan events / conferences / annual dinners
- Provide information and commentary for brainstorms, deliberations and rough cuts;
- Maintain brand integrity, including logo use, verbiage and other details that identify izzit.org and all its products, websites and communications.
- Develop and maintain relationships with organizations for product releases
- Develop new uses for existing products.
- Submit entries to festivals / award and follow up